Monday, October 22, 2007

Libera Te Ex Inferis: Dental School

I feel more excited than ever about my future academic and professional career! I was so excited at school today that ran up the library stairs with a big smile, just because I wanted to! Why? Because I've decided that my future academic studies will involve courses like Esthers of the Diaspora: Latin American-Jewish Female Writing and Nation and Narration instead of Clinical Skills I and Fundamentals of Occlusion. That's right. I'm not applying to dental school. I want to be a professor. I'm hoping to direct my studies towards social issues in Latin America. There should be a few different ways I can do this: everything from a Ph.D in Portuguese and Brazilian studies to Social Ecology, though I'm leaning toward the former. I don't think the extra $100k/year I would make as a dentist could buy how happy I feel right now. Guys, this is me!

8 comments:

Nate H. said...

Great news! Nation and Narration? Sounds hot. I didn't want to say anything when you were thinking of going to dental school, but come on, Max as a dentist?

Anonymous said...

how exciting... good luck!

hannah g said...

Hurrah! Almost thou dost persuadest me to drop out of law school!

manda said...

this is so so great!

The Gorbott said...

soar like an eagle...or whatever they say

Rupeshow said...

i'd take a class from you.

meredith said...

I found myself smiling for you as I read this!

samsam said...

yes yes yes!! this is so great! i am smiling so big! let's start an NGO in south america somewhere! we can be the "social justiteers" and at the end of the day me and betty can play!